Career Opportunity Available -- Treasury Operations Professional
Sunday, March 24, 2019
Posted by: Stephanie Uhl
Treasury Operations Professional
Contact: Paul Bricker
BUILD YOUR FUTURE, WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer’s future is at the heart of what we do. We deliver on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens. Building relationships has been a part of our culture since 1848.
Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, seek opportunity and strive for innovation in a changing world.
Treasury Operations Professional Job Summary
Salary Range: $48,417.00-$55,680.00-$62,943.00
The Treasury Operations Professional supports the Treasury Operations department by performing the following: managing the execution of transactional processes, collecting and reviewing data, posting general journal entries, reconciling accounts (daily, monthly, quarterly or annually), reporting, and administering financial institutional relationships and various ongoing financing and treasury programs. With limited supervision performs assigned tasks and has latitude for decision making. Prepares various schedules related to, but not limited to the following areas: investments, cash, draft settlement, and treasury activities. The Treasury Operations Professional is responsible for providing customer service to key external and internal business partners.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Serves as the initial contact for Treasury Operations servicing questions and provides problem resolution. This includes providing aid in understanding user entitlements and facilitating changes in treasury services with banking partners and other internal departments, as needed.
2. Takes directive in maintenance of data for securities on deposit pursuant to state and other requirements for multiple legal entities. Works closely with Investment Accounting in managing the portfolio of securities on deposit.
3. With limited supervision oversees the daily investment trading activity of multiple legal entities and employee benefit programs; developing, implementing, and performing procedures to calculate and execute various transactions, within limits of authority and/or investment portfolio guidelines, as necessary to meet requirements for the most advantageous use of funds. (Includes directive of intercompany settlement process.)
4. Verifies and maintains all purchase, sale, and income information of companies’ investment portfolios to ensure the integrity of the portfolio database.
5. Responsible for providing operational support to Treasury Operations Specialist, which includes primary back up support, in performing routine daily and monthly tasks, as needed.
6. Performs daily and monthly reconciliations for various cash and investment accounts (prepares and posts journal entries to general ledger). Prepares various schedules associated with month end and quarter end reporting requirements (specifically, Schedule E and various investment/collateral disclosure Notes).
7. Provides support, as needed, for external or internal audits.
8. Responsible for assisting in the oversight and monitoring of banking account management, including opening and closing accounts, tracking compensation for banking services, and identifying cost-saving opportunities with treasury services functions.
9. Maintains a high level of knowledge in the following areas: corporate policies, departmental procedures, and the impact of banking and other financial institution activities on the Company.
10. Collaborates with Leader and assists with development and monitoring all processes and controls in the treasury area; recommends changes, and provides continuous improvements to ensure operating and financial controls are of industry best practice standard.
11. Interprets and responds to written guidance such as internal memos, emails, published guidelines, or legislative guidance.
12. Monitors assigned governing accounting pronouncements (e.g. Statutory, GAAP) to ensure company compliance.
13. Maintains familiarity with department systems, adheres to system data integrity and performs any testing of new releases.
14. Travels occasionally in order to participate in special assignments, training, and/or travel between office locations.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. Three or more years’ experience in Treasury or Banking type role, Finance and/or Accounting.
2. Knowledge and experience using finance and/or accounting principles. This includes specific knowledge of financial terms, investment instruments, and processes of U.S. financial institutions.
3. Experience researching problems, analyzing data, and providing solutions.
4. Strong computer and software knowledge and experience with the following: MS Office specifically Excel (writing formulas, creating pivot tables, using Macros).
5. Effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills resulting in the ability to interact with all levels within the Company.
6. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance OR commensurate experience.
7. Strong organizational skills and experience being adaptable and resourceful in various situations.
8. Proven ability to create and maintain good working relationships with third party service providers and customers.
9. Proven ability to learn how to use other software products such as General Ledger, database and report writer applications.
10. Ability to prioritize and maintain a flexible schedule that ensures meeting all deadlines associated with the responsibilities assigned, as well the ability to perform various duties from remote locations on occasions when needed.
11. Valid driver’s license and a driving record that conforms to Company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing, and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
• Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
• Ability to physically and accurately file.
• Ability to physically make deliveries throughout the Home Office building.
• Ability work outside of the normal 8 am to 5 pm business hours and work weekends.
• Ability to travel as required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at westfieldinsurance.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.